Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2006/07/06 23:00:16 UTC

[revolution] 1.3 - Install question

Hi all,

I tried to install 1.3 but cannot start jetty.

I followed INSTALL-SRC.txt but get:
./lenya.sh servlet
-------------------- Executing -----------------
Main Class: org.mortbay.jetty.Server
org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
        at org.mortbay.util.Container.<clinit>(Container.java:39)
        at
        at
        at Loader.invokeMain(Unknown Source)
        at Loader.run(Unknown Source)
        at Loader.main(Unknown Source)

What am I doing wrong?

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: [revolution] 1.3 - Install question

Posted by so...@apache.org.
On 7/6/06, Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> wrote:
> I tried to install 1.3 but cannot start jetty.
>
> I followed INSTALL-SRC.txt but get:
> ./lenya.sh servlet
> -------------------- Executing -----------------
> Main Class: org.mortbay.jetty.Server
> org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
>         at org.mortbay.util.Container.<clinit>(Container.java:39)
>         at
>         at
>         at Loader.invokeMain(Unknown Source)
>         at Loader.run(Unknown Source)
>         at Loader.main(Unknown Source)
>
> What am I doing wrong?

The missing file is:
build/lenya/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar

It should be copied from Cocoon's lib/core directory during the build.
 The file did not change from Cocoon 2.1.6 through 2.1.9.  Nothing
about its installation changed from Lenya 1.2.x., and it was created
properly when I followed the instructions on Windows.

If the file does not exist: Was there a problem building Cocoon or Lenya?
If the file exists: Is there a CLASSPATH issue?

solprovider

P.S. The editors for Link and File Resources are working, but not yet
in the rep.  I am deciding how to handle META data.  I cannot think of
any reason to retain the "lenya:meta" element; the "dc" and "lenya"
namespaces should be sufficient.  I will checkin the new stuff this
weekend.