Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Xiaohui Tony Chen (Seattle)" <T....@F5.com> on 2008/12/03 00:15:30 UTC

temp file left behind

Hello:

I am using FileUpload to update files to a server.  When user leaves the page before upload is done, there is a temp file left behind.  Have put some logic in the catch block to address this and seems not working.  What is the best way to clean them up?  Thanks in advance.

Tony

Re: temp file left behind

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 3:15 PM, Xiaohui Tony Chen (Seattle)
<T....@f5.com>wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I am using FileUpload to update files to a server.  When user leaves the
> page before upload is done, there is a temp file left behind.  Have put some
> logic in the catch block to address this and seems not working.  What is the
> best way to clean them up?

That depends on which version of FileUpload, what kind of app, the context
in which you're invoking FileUpload, etc. etc. In other words, you'll need
to provide more details before someone can help you.

--
Martin Cooper

Re: temp file left behind

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
The problem I think is in the core of FileUpload. Many users of Struts
have this problem too.

RE: temp file left behind