Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1996/11/17 15:29:11 UTC

1.2b to do

If nobody puts forward a satisfy patch today, it's too late !!!!

-=-=-=-=-==-

Bugs:
	-=-=-=-=-=-
	SIGUSR1/graceful restarts

	Problem: Under FreeBSD, this is lethal. USR1 followed by HUP takes down
	te server. Paul S (?) reported annoying processes after a USR1.

	Plan: I can't see this getting fixed any time soon so I recommend it
	stays undocumented or gets big flashing warning lights.

	To do: Is there any documentation on this ? If there is, add a huge
	warning. If someone offers some comments for the C source to warn about
	this I'll +1 them.
	-=-=-=--=-=-=-
	SSI causes bytes sent count to be waaay too low.

	For each SSI include, apache substracts bytes sent so far from
	its counter (thinking bytes sent so far = headers only)

	3 patches offered.

	-=-=-=-=--=--==

Showstoppers:
	SSI byte sent logging.

To do:
	ASAP	Find a patch for 'satisfy' that works well (tried and tested)
		 (before feature freeze)
		Prepare more documentation.
		Resolve all outstanding bugs (see above).
	Nov 17	Feature freeze.
	Nov 24	Create last pre-beta tarball.
		Test, test, test.
		Report back with positive as well as negative comments.
	Nov 30	Create 1.2b tarball.
	  "	Update CVS to reflect 1.2b release.
	Dec  1  Release 1.2b.
	  "	Put documentation online if there is any.
	  "	Hand 1.2 management over.

Re: 1.2b to do

Posted by Mark J Cox <ma...@ukweb.com>.
On Sun, 17 Nov 1996, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> Paul Sutton's Redirect patches really should be committed.  I +1 them,
> as did Roy Fielding (with a caveat about documentation for nonstandard
> 3xx responses).  Paul's patch is ready to go, I can commit it at the
> drop of a hat.

If I'd have had mail running on Friday I would have given these patches +1
as I've run and tested them here.  This patch is needed as a bug fix.

Mark
UK Web.

Re: 1.2b to do

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
Paul Sutton's Redirect patches really should be committed.  I +1 them, as did
Roy Fielding (with a caveat about documentation for nonstandard 3xx responses).
Paul's patch is ready to go, I can commit it at the drop of a hat.

	Brian