Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jan de Ruiter <ja...@ordina.nl> on 2009/09/23 14:32:27 UTC

Re: m2eclipse+galileo: index issue? (solved)

tony_k wrote:

> so on a lark, i reinstalled galileo and then m2eclipse and this time let
> the "updating indexes" phase run to completion (it actually did take about
> a half hour) and then things seemed ok.

re-installing may not be necessary. I tried this:
Do in eclipse: window->show view->other->maven->maven indexes. One of the
indexes is:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2.
right-click on this one, and try rebuild index.
If that does not work, create a new index with the same address, and do a
rebuild of that. With me that worked, and I could remove the original one.
After this a restart of eclipse will NOT show the error anymore, and the add
dependency search function operates as it should. Problem solved.