Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Edward Bush <Bu...@crlcorp.com> on 2007/07/05 22:06:10 UTC

[Axis2] v1.2 - Handler not firing after Module engaged

I'm creating a Module/Handler combination.  The module.xml declares the
Handler to be invoked during multiple phases (OperationInPhase,
OperationOutPhase, OperationInFaultPhase, OperationOutFaultPhase), which
I chose by inspecting the chain for the operation(s) I'm running.

I can deploy the Module/Handler fine, but after engaging the Module for
a service, the Handler's invoke method never seems to be called.  My
inference is that - somehow - the association that should be made
between the Handler and the phase is never made.  I did discover that
the Handler's name doesn't appear to be set, at least, not prior to the
Handler's init method being called.  Likewise, the HandlerDescription's
handler property is not set.  Rationalizing that this might perhaps be
the cause of my woes, I took to setting each of them, but to no avail.
Yes, I called super.init(desc) first.

I've followed the userguide/logging sample very closely, so I'm somewhat
surprised to find that this isn't working.  The one thing I did not do
(and have no desire to do) is to introduce a custom phase into the
axis2.xml configuration.  My primary reason for wanting to avoid this
approach is that I have not been able to successfully get that file to
be loaded (I'm "embedding" Axis2 into an application).

Any suggestions at all?

Thanks in Advance!

Eddie Bush
Software Analyst
Clinical Reference Laboratory
913-693-1519
bushe@crlcorp.com

RE: [Axis2] v1.2 - Handler not firing after Module engaged

Posted by Edward Bush <Bu...@crlcorp.com>.
A more recent GA release than 1.2, I meant to say :-)

Posted by Edward Bush <Bu...@crlcorp.com>.
Deepal,

[...]

bushe at crlcorp dot com

Could you please create a JIRA and attach your module.mar file , then we
can help you to fix you problem.

Thanks
Deepal
> I'm creating a Module/Handler combination.  The module.xml declares
> the Handler to be invoked during multiple phases (OperationInPhase,
> OperationOutPhase, OperationInFaultPhase, OperationOutFaultPhase),
> which I chose by inspecting the chain for the operation(s) I'm
running.

> I can deploy the Module/Handler fine, but after engaging the Module
> for a service, the Handler's invoke method never seems to be called.
> My inference is that - somehow - the association that should be made
> between the Handler and the phase is never made.  I did discover that
> the Handler's name doesn't appear to be set, at least, not prior to
> the Handler's init method being called.  Likewise, the
> HandlerDescription's handler property is not set.  Rationalizing that
> this might perhaps be the cause of my woes, I took to setting each of
> them, but to no avail.  Yes, I called super.init(desc) first.
>
> I've followed the userguide/logging sample very closely, so I'm
> somewhat surprised to find that this isn't working.  The one thing I
> did not do (and have no desire to do) is to introduce a custom phase
> into the axis2.xml configuration.  My primary reason for wanting to
> avoid this approach is that I have not been able to successfully get
> that file to be loaded (I'm "embedding" Axis2 into an application).
>
> Any suggestions at all?
>
> Thanks in Advance!
>
> Eddie Bush
> Software Analyst
> Clinical Reference Laboratory
> bushe at crlcorp dot com

Deepal

Re: [Axis2] v1.2 - Handler not firing after Module engaged

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Edward ,
Could you please create a JIRA and attach your module.mar file , then we
can help you to fix you problem.

Thanks
Deepal
> I'm creating a Module/Handler combination.  The module.xml declares
> the Handler to be invoked during multiple phases (OperationInPhase,
> OperationOutPhase, OperationInFaultPhase, OperationOutFaultPhase),
> which I chose by inspecting the chain for the operation(s) I'm running.
>
> I can deploy the Module/Handler fine, but after engaging the Module
> for a service, the Handler's invoke method never seems to be called.
> My inference is that - somehow - the association that should be made
> between the Handler and the phase is never made.  I did discover that
> the Handler's name doesn't appear to be set, at least, not prior to
> the Handler's init method being called.  Likewise, the
> HandlerDescription's handler property is not set.  Rationalizing that
> this might perhaps be the cause of my woes, I took to setting each of
> them, but to no avail.  Yes, I called super.init(desc) first.
>
> I've followed the userguide/logging sample very closely, so I'm
> somewhat surprised to find that this isn't working.  The one thing I
> did not do (and have no desire to do) is to introduce a custom phase
> into the axis2.xml configuration.  My primary reason for wanting to
> avoid this approach is that I have not been able to successfully get
> that file to be loaded (I'm "embedding" Axis2 into an application).
>
> Any suggestions at all?
>
> Thanks in Advance!
>
> *Eddie Bush*
> Software Analyst