Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2014/11/10 08:08:41 UTC

Re: BatchEE report and last release

Hi Justin!

Sorry for being late (already explained it to John that Romain and I am very busy atm).
I've now added the report. Hope it's still in time.

Regarding your question re our last release.
I did send a notice to the general list [1].
The rules for the incubator release process got changed quite a few times in the last 5 years. So it might well be that this procedure of just noticing the incubator and not needing a 2nd explicit VOTE on the general list (after the internal vote) is not correct anymore?
Oh and afaik we got our 3 +1 IPMCs already in our internal vote.

Please keep me updated on the current incubator voting procedure.

txs and LieGrue,
strub

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201408.mbox/%3C1407703323.53134.YahooMailBasic%40web28902.mail.ir2.yahoo.com%3E

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.
Even if you were following the 2013 Alternate Release Voting Process [1],
it requires that you send a summary to the general list once complete.

The fact that http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/batchee doesn't work,
where neither your 0.1 nor 0.2 release is present makes me thing it wasn't
a complete release.

John

[1]: http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.