Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/19 10:37:06 UTC

post-release updates of Artemis download pages

I tried downloading some Artemis bits using links from the website
earlier and found various links not working. Some just weren't updated
to reflect the newer checksum distribution policy, but most were
broken from pointing at the wrong download area/server and using the
query arguments that no longer apply. I've fixed the ones I saw now,
but as I had also done the same for earlier releases previously I
think its now worth noting the issue here to hopefully avoid future
breakages occurring.

It looks like the content is being copied unchanged from the main
download page to the past releases page. This wont work because the
main page links to the download mirrors and that content is removed
for historic releases as newer ones occur, so any links for past
releases must reference the archive. The mirrored download links also
use query arguments that don't apply for the archive area.

Instead, I think the simplest thing to do is to copy the prior release
entry on the past releases page and update the version numbers with
basic find/replace. I went to update the RELEASING.md file to suggest
this but found it already says that, so thought I'd send a mail to
highlight the issue instead.

Robbie

Re: post-release updates of Artemis download pages

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
that brings one subject to discuss...

2.6.1, 2.6.2 ... 2.6.x should all share the same documentation on
2.6.x... changes in doc on this branch should be only minor changes..
and any change here should be valid for any of the releases.

As of now.. i will just update the link to avoid an invalid link.. but
I'm looking for a better way to treat documentation updates on the
website.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: post-release updates of Artemis download pages

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.  Will fix it to morrow as I’m out of work today.

Would be too much of an overkill to write a java class to generate the
website download automagically? so it won’t have these mistakes in future.
(Or at least we can fix it once for all)

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: post-release updates of Artemis download pages

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
as for previous docs.. I don't see a point to update the docs for
2.6.0 and 2.6.1.. as they are current..
we can add it when we move into 2.7.0... that's my plan at least.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: post-release updates of Artemis download pages

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
I will fix this in today's afternoon.... sorry about that.

(I have been away for 2 weeks and just getting back to work)

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: post-release updates of Artemis download pages

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
The 2.6.1 docs link at

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.