Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Paramdeep Singh <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2001/10/25 12:12:59 UTC

Re: What is the best way to send Large String from the Client to the Service?

Hi,

I think that if the size of the string is too large, then you should send it
as an attachment.

I remember of seeing an article somewhere, which mentioned that if the
string that you are sending is of a very large length, then it may not get
the correct results as well. I think that I read it on this mailing list
only, but cant remember it off-hand.

Regards
Paramdeep

Posted by Barnaby James <ba...@adobe.com>.
Did you try sending it as a data base64 encoded parameter rather than a
string? i.e. a parameter of xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:base64"? I would think this
would be handled more efficiently than an xsi:type="xsd:string" parameter.
If your class on the Apache SOAP side is byte[] it will be automagically
converted to SOAP-ENC:base64.

Barnaby