Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Dennis Gearon <ge...@OIT.EDU> on 2000/10/11 19:19:23 UTC

Use of DEBUG libraries and dll's - BROKEN DEBUG?

The libs/dll's I downloaded keep me from using the debugger in VC6.0 . I
AM using the 'D', debug versions of them. "no symbolic information
found" is what it says. Do I have to compile everything from source to
make it work?
Dennis K. Gearon (Kegley)                           Loyal Member
Scientific Instrument Technician, School of ETM       of The
Oregon Institute of Technology                       Order of
- One of USA's Best College Buys                       TUX
3201 Campus Drive                             ~
Klamath Falls, OR 97601                      'v'    standards
Voice   1-541-885-1563                      // \\   corrupters:
FAX     1-541-885-1689                     /(   )\   ^phear^
email   gearond@oit.edu                     ^`~'^   the penguin
Happiness is when you want to go to your job in the morning and
when you want to go home in the evening.

Re: Use of DEBUG libraries and dll's - BROKEN DEBUG?

Posted by Dean Roddey <dr...@charmedquark.com>.
Unless you get the .pdb files, all you are getting with the debug libraries
is that it uses the debug heap manager, so that you can compile your stuff
in debug mode and not be dangerous. Not that that's not important, because
it definitely is But, if you want full symbolic info, you'll need the .pdb
files, which are probably way to big for them to want to ship. So you'll
need to rebuild most likely.

Dean Roddey
The CIDLib C++ Frameworks
Charmed Quark Software
droddey@charmedquark.com
http://www.charmedquark.com

"It takes two buttocks to make friction"
    - African Proverb