Posted to bluesky-dev@incubator.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/20 07:07:07 UTC

Voting....

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 11:58 PM, Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Bluesky team, as to the suggestion of Luciano, it seems awesome to use
> JIRA. Now, Is it necessary to request one?
>
>  +1 means pro
>  - 1 means con
>
>  Vote as you wish,  5 +1 is the minimum to pass.

Please take a look at [1], votes are usually 3 binding votes to pass.

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk

Re: Voting....

Posted by Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>.
-_-! might be my mistake.
but, should i say that in China, 3 can't stands for majority.

--
Bowen Ma a.k.a Samul Kevin @ Bluesky Dev Team    XJTU

Re: Voting....

Posted by Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>.
yeah, i see, sometimes vote is redundant......

--
Bowen Ma a.k.a Samul Kevin @ Bluesky Dev Team    XJTU

Re: Voting....

Posted by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>.
On Fri 20 Mar 2009 15:07, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 11:58 PM, Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  Bluesky team, as to the suggestion of Luciano, it seems awesome to use
>> JIRA. Now, Is it necessary to request one?
>>
>>  +1 means pro
>>  - 1 means con
>>
>>  Vote as you wish,  5 +1 is the minimum to pass.
>>

> Please take a look at [1], votes are usually 3 binding votes to pass.

Also, you don't have to have a vote for everything.  You certainly can,
but you're not required to.  Votes are only required for:

 - A software release
 - Adding a new committer or PMC member

When I first started volunteering in Apache, I started a lot of votes.
But over time, I learned that most decisions can be made just by
discussing things.  If everyone has had a chance to comment and there is
concensus, then you don't need a vote.

--
  J Aaron Farr     jadetower.com        [US] +1 724-964-4515
    馮傑仁         cubiclemuses.com     [HK] +852 8123-7905