Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by java questions <as...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/07 00:35:47 UTC

Using c:forEach in MyFaces 1.2

Hi,  I'm trying to use the c:forEach tag in a JSF page:

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>

    <head>
        <title>Hello World(2)</title>
    </head>
        <f:view>
            <h:form id="form">

                        <c:forEach var="col" items="#{Bean1.categories}" >
                            <h:outputText value="#{col}"/>
                        </c:forEach>
            </h:form>
       </f:view>

Bean1 getCategories method returns String[] with 3 elements.  This above jsf
returns nothing.  Can someone help me out?

Re: Using c:forEach in MyFaces 1.2

Posted by Anton Gavazuk <an...@gmail.com>.
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=110983

2008/11/21 Anton Gavazuk <an...@gmail.com>:
> http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2006/03/07/unified-jsp-jsf-expression-language.html
> http://www.artima.com/lejava/articles/jsf_jspP.html
> http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/reference/techart/unifiedEL.html
>
> и отдельный линк
> http://www.seamframework.org/Community/DynamicMenuFromDatabase
>
> 2008/11/21 Anton Gavazuk <an...@gmail.com>:
>> Hi
>>
>> the link in post below tells about JSF 1.1.
>>
>> Have anything changed with integration between JSF 1.2 and JSTL tags?
>>
>> 2007/8/8 sandeep gururaj <sa...@chordiant.com>:
>>> You can get more info from the postings on http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=497405&messageID=2351519
>>>
>>> ~Sandeep

>>> 2. My Faces 1.2 distribution does not come with a JSTL lib
>>> 3. What version of the JSTL is required to use #{...} notation as opposed to ${..} notation?  I'm assuming that it's 1.2?

Posted by Anton Gavazuk <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anton Gavazuk <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by sandeep gururaj <sa...@Chordiant.com>.

Posted by java questions <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sandeep gururaj <sa...@Chordiant.com>.

Posted by Michał 'Gandalf' Stawicki <st...@gmail.com>.
In JSF1.1 you had to resolve variable Bean1 before actually using it
in c:forEach. Don't know how does it work in 1.2  Maybe that's the
problem

--
Michał Stawicki

stawicki@gmail.com