Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2011/03/11 20:14:28 UTC

[REPORT] Apache UIMA March 2011

Board report for Apache UIMA, for March 2011.

Apache UIMA's mission: the creation and maintenance of open-source
software related to the analysis of unstructured data, guided by the
UIMA Oasis Standard.

PR:
Sally K did a Press Release with around UIMA's use in the
IBM Watson machine that played against Jeopardy!

Releases:
Since last report, we've almost released UIMA-AS (we're on RC6).

Development:
Got Continuous Integration going for UIMAJ and UIMA-AS using Hudson.
Got Sonar reporting going for UIMAJ.

Jira issues continue to come in and get worked on at a moderate rate,
including several in the UIMA-AS (Asynchronous Scaleout) area related
to various error recovery scenarios.

Work continues on Solrcas, a CAS Consumer which maps UIMA FeatureStructures to Solr
fields.  AlchemyAPI has been extended with a new annotator which wraps the
sentiment analysis web-service.

Community:
No changes. One user has now released a toolkit built on
top of UIMA: DKPro Core 1.1.0

Issues: No Board level issues at this time

Trademarks/Branding: A first pass on improving conformance to
trademark standards was completed; now all of our web pages have
the right footers.  Still have a bit more to do (e.g., adding
a small TM to our logo images).