Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jeff Newburn <jn...@zappos.com> on 2010/01/11 22:39:07 UTC

Commons Lang

We have a solr plugin that would be much easier to write if commons-lang was
available.  Why does solr not have this library?  Is there any drawbacks to
pulling in the commons lang for StringUtils?
--
Jeff Newburn
Software Engineer, Zappos.com

Re: Commons Lang

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
There's no point in moving it to Solr core unless something in core
depends on it.

The VelocityResponseWriter depends on commons-lang, though, and I am
aiming to integrate that into core at some point.

But, you can put commons-lang in your <solr-home>/lib and your plugin
will be able to see it fine.

	Erik