Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "McCaffrey, John G." <Jo...@kraft.com> on 2003/06/03 16:43:02 UTC

attaching OJB source in WSAD (db-ojb-1.0.rc3-src.tar not opening)

I am having a problem attaching the source to the lib in WSAD. I want to be
able to debug and set break points so that I can figure out my limited
collection returned problem. I know the process for attaching source in
WSAD, and I did it for rt.jar, and struts.jar, but when I tried
db-ojb-1.0.rc3.jar it doesn't work.

Does anyone have db-ojb-1.0.rc3.jar with db-ojb-1.0.rc3-src.jar attached as
source in WSAD? Did you have to make any changes? what is the root path?

I tried to download the source from the web, but when I d/l
http://db.apache.org/builds/ojb/1.0.rc3/ db-ojb-1.0.rc3-src.tar
I can't open it with winzip, or pkzip (do I need to try something else?)

Thanks for your help
-John

Re: attaching OJB source in WSAD (db-ojb-1.0.rc3-src.tar not opening)

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.
Hi John,

I always recommend to not use the Eclipse (+ WSAD) source code
attachment. I have seen the weirdest problems with it. (Phantom
breakpoints, breakpoints won't stop where expected, etc., etc.)

The best thing is to include OJB in source.

Just rename db-ojb-1.0.rc3-src.tar to db-ojb-1.0.rc3-src.tgz and
everything will be fine. (It's a stupid MIME type problem on Windows ...)

cheers,
Thomas

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
I had the same problem.  For some reason WSAD is unable to resolve OJB
source, but I could not determine why.  I decided to upgrade to latest
OJB from CVS and am now using it from a Java project instead of a jar.
Using this method I am able to debug.

Mike