Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Anmol Sarraf <sa...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/11 16:18:49 UTC

Login issue when executing test on server side

Hi all,

I am running load test with 200 users on server side. But my test get fails
when i have full steps which is around 5steps for each scenario and in
total i have 8 such scenarios

Just to know the issue i just did launch and login . It got passed

When i run the first condition it gives me “connection timed out” .

Please help.

Re: Login issue when executing test on server side

Posted by "glinius@live.com" <gl...@live.com>.
If the issue cannot be reproduced for lesser number of virtual users (i.e. 1,
2, 20) - most probably it indicates server issue, i.e. it lacks resources
(can be checked using i.e.  JMeter PerfMon Plugin
<https://blazemeter.com/blog/how-monitor-your-server-health-performance-during-jmeter-load-test/>
), has wrong configuration of application server / database / load balancer
or the application itself is not optimized for high loads (can be checked
using  profiler tools
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_performance_analysis_tools>  )

Another possible reason is that JMeter is not capable of sending requests
properly due to lack of resources or improper configuration. Theoretically
you should be able to easily simulate 200 users even using default JMeter
setup and single node assuming you  run your test in non-GUI mode
<https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/get-started.html#non_gui>  , however
it's better to make sure that you're following  JMeter Best Practices
<https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/best-practices.html>   and that JMeter
has enough headroom to properly operate.

--
Sent from: http://www.jmeter-archive.org/JMeter-User-f512775.html