Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Steven Murphy <st...@hotmail.com> on 2005/07/22 12:29:12 UTC

Stlye Sheet

Hi,

Can anyone recommend an editor to use when editing the .jmx files?  One that
will indent appropriately, match tags etc...

I'm using TextPad at the moment but it doesn't format the text at all.

The reason why I'm editing the jmx file direct and not using JMeter is
because I'm trying to modularize my tests by adding XML references.  (I
can't use the Module Controller as I need to be able to run the tests via
the command line).

Cheers
Steve

Re: Stlye Sheet

Posted by Steven Murphy <st...@hotmail.com>.
Maybe I misunderstood your suggestion.

Was your suggestions that I have a 2nd Thread Group containing the actions I
wanted to repeat, and then include that Thread Group in each Test Plan I
wanted the actions to occur?

If my understanding of you suggestion is correct I would still have to alter
every Test Plan if those common action were to change.  By using an XML
entity reference I can point multiple Test Plan to 1 file containing the
actions I want repeated.

Did I understand you correctly?

Cheers
Steve

From: Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Stlye Sheet
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:57:07 -0400

So how would editing the .jmx files help?

Re: Stlye Sheet

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.

Re: Stlye Sheet

Posted by Steven Murphy <st...@hotmail.com>.