Posted to user@struts.apache.org by EROL TEZCAN <st...@yahoo.com> on 2005/07/05 12:27:40 UTC

stopOnFirstError

Hi,

I want to alert to user, when the first error occured on the ActionForm .

To do this I am using stopOnFirstError  ppoperty in struts-config.xml like this

<plug-in className="org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn" >
    <set-property property="pathnames" value="/WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml,/WEB-INF/validation.xml" />
    <set-property property="stopOnFirstError" value="true"/>
  </plug-in>

But all erros are displayed on the JSP page.

My ActionForm ' s type is ValidatorForm and  I am using sturts 1.1

How can I define this ?

Erol

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: stopOnFirstError

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
I'm not sure why stopOnError isn't working for you, but why would you *not*
want to show as much validation information as possible? I hate forms that
tell me I've filled in one field incorrectly, only to complain about
another when I fix the reported error...

L.

--
Laurie, Open Source advocate, Java geek and novice blogger:
http://www.holoweb.net/~laurie/

Re: stopOnFirstError