Posted to user@trafodion.apache.org by "Liu, Ming (Ming)" <mi...@esgyn.cn> on 2016/03/15 02:45:01 UTC

where to download Trafodion odbc/jdbc install package?

Hi, all,

I am trying to download and install odbc/jdbc driver for Trafodion, but I spent over 15 mins on the http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/ still not find the correct link.
Could someone kindly help me?

I suggest this should be put in a very easy to find link in the main page.

Thanks,
Ming

Re: 答复: where to download Trafodion odbc/jdbc install package?

Posted by Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Just to complicate this a bit... :)

The documentation for the Trafodion client software is:
http://trafodion.apache.org/docs/client_install/index.html

It might be necessary to add a column that describes the content of each
document if people can't correlate "client" with "ODBC" or "JDBC" on the
download page.

Thanks,

Gunnar

Gunnar

RE: 答复: where to download Trafodion odbc/jdbc install package?

Posted by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com>.

Posted by Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> I think Dave and Ming are onto something. If I'm looking for ODBC or JDBC
> drivers, I'm most likely searching for "ODBC" or "JDBC" not "Clients". 6
>
>  If we could list these on the page somehow, that would be very helpful -
> not just for searching, but also once I land on that page, I know what it
> is I'm supposed to click to download the drivers.
>
> -Carol P.

> Email:    carol.pearson234@gmail.com
> Twitter:  @CarolP222
>
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 8:21 AM, Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Maybe it would be useful to list on the download page what’s in the
>> Clients package?

Gunnar

Re: 答复: where to download Trafodion odbc/jdbc install package?

Posted by Carol Pearson <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com>.

Posted by Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com>.
It's because the package contains more than JDBC and ODBC.

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 7:48 PM, Liu, Ming (Ming) <mi...@esgyn.cn> wrote:

> Sorry, my bad, it is in the
> http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/download.html , it is called
> ‘Trafodion Clients’ I overlook it, I was looking for ODBC/JDBC .. .
>

> Ming

Gunnar

答复: where to download Trafodion odbc/jdbc install package?

Posted by "Liu, Ming (Ming)" <mi...@esgyn.cn>.