Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> on 2013/05/10 01:19:28 UTC

Sorry for JIRA mails

Hi,

I am sorry about the eMail flood. I found out that Lucene/Solr 4.3 was not marked as "released" version in JIRA. I then checked "released" but JIRA wanted to update the unresolved issues to 4.4 (which is logical). Unfortunately there was no checkbox to suppress eMails and I did not know that it will send emails....

For Solr I did this in 2 steps.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de

RE: Sorry for JIRA mails

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
In the past we always pushed that version forward, which is what I did. Steven Rowe did this the last time in January (4.1-4.2), also spamming the mailing list -> so I am not the first one.

JIRA 5.2 is just missing the "suppress email", so you have to do the change in 2 steps:
- Do a bulk change with suppressed emails
- set version to released

I updated the wiki with the warning about the risk of spamming the mailing list.

Uwe

-----

Re: Sorry for JIRA mails

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.