Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ashish P <as...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/19 07:51:37 UTC

Field tokenizer question

I have created a field,
<fieldtype name="conditionText" class="solr.StrField" >
			<analyzer>
	        <tokenizer class="solr.PatternTokenizerFactory" pattern="_" />
			</analyzer>
        </fieldtype>

The pattern is "_" (Underscore)

When I do field analysis using solr admin, it shows it correctly. Have a
look at attached image. e.g. cric_info

http://www.nabble.com/file/p22594575/field%2Banalysis.jpeg

But when I search the field, like searchbam:cric, it returns zero results.

I am expecting that I should be able to search on cric and info both
individually.

But the response is :
<response>
- <lst name="responseHeader">
  <int name="status">0</int>
  <int name="QTime">47</int>
- <lst name="params">
  <str name="indent">on</str>
  <str name="start">0</str>
  <str name="q">searchbam:cric</str>
  <str name="rows">10</str>
  <str name="version">2.2</str>
  </lst>
  </lst>
  <result name="response" numFound="0" start="0" />
  </response>

The index is properly committed.

Am I missing something here?????

Re: Field tokenizer question

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: as far as I know solr.StrField is not analized but it is indexed as is
: (verbatim).

correct ... but there is definitely a bug here if the analysis.jsp
is implying that an analyzer is being used...

-Hoss

Re: Field tokenizer question

Posted by Giovanni De Stefano <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hello Ashish,

as far as I know solr.StrField is not analized but it is indexed as is
(verbatim).

Cheers,
Giovanni

Posted by Ashish P <as...@gmail.com>.