Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com> on 2022/04/01 05:37:39 UTC

Re:Re: [VOTE] Vote for releasing Apache Doris 1.0.0-incubating-rc02

Hi Li,
Thanks for your review. The Notice year has been modified in trunk[1], thanks for your mention!

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-doris/blob/master/NOTICE.txt

--

此致!Best Regards
陈明雨 Mingyu Chen

Email:
chenmingyu@apache.org

在 2022-03-30 20:46:02,"li gang" <lg...@apache.org> 写道:

Re: Re: Re: [VOTE] Vote for releasing Apache Doris 1.0.0-incubating-rc02

Posted by Calvin Kirs <ki...@apache.org>.
Hi,
I add some comments in PR,

Another suggestion is that the release-note should not be in the form
of a Github issue,
because it can be modified. The common practice is to include a
release-note file in the released package.

陈明雨 <mo...@163.com> 于2022年4月2日周六 10:08写道:

> Hi Kris,
> Thanks for your review.
> Indeed I missed the NOTICE file for binary release. The NOTICE.txt you have seen is just for source release.
> For binary package, I have added new NOTICE for it, please help to review: https://github.com/apache/incubator-doris/pull/8813
> And if that is OK, I will cancel this vote and start a new one to fix this issue.
>

> --
>
> 此致!Best Regards
> 陈明雨 Mingyu Chen
>
> Email:
> chenmingyu@apache.org
>

> At 2022-04-01 22:57:14, "Calvin Kirs" <ki...@apache.org> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >+ 0 (binding)
> >I only checked source packages.
> >
> >- incubating in the name
> >- LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER are there and look good
> >- hash and signature look good
> >
> >I have some questions about binary packages, which is why I chose +0.
> >
> >I checked the corresponding binary package, but the dependencies
> >listed in his LICENSE file are inconsistent with those declared in the
> >corresponding NOTICE file, because I'm not familiar with C++, I can't
> >make an accurate judgment based on the source code or binary package.
> >
> >陈明雨 <mo...@163.com> 于2022年4月1日周五 13:37写道:
> >>
> >> Hi Li,
> >> Thanks for your review. The Notice year has been modified in trunk[1], thanks for your mention!
> >>

> >> [1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-doris/blob/master/NOTICE.txt
> >>

> >> --
> >>
> >> 此致!Best Regards
> >> 陈明雨 Mingyu Chen
> >>
> >> Email:
> >> chenmingyu@apache.org
> >>

> >> 在 2022-03-30 20:46:02,"li gang" <lg...@apache.org> 写道:

> >--
> >Best wishes!
> >CalvinKirs

Best  wishes!
CalvinKirs

Re:Re: Re: [VOTE] Vote for releasing Apache Doris 1.0.0-incubating-rc02

Posted by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com>.
Hi Kris,

Posted by Calvin Kirs <ki...@apache.org>.
Calvin Kirs <ki...@apache.org> 于2022年4月1日周五 22:57写道:

> Hi,
> + 0 (binding)
> I only checked source packages.
>
> - incubating in the name
> - LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER are there and look good
> - hash and signature look good
>
> I have some questions about binary packages, which is why I chose +0.
>
> I checked the corresponding binary package, but the dependencies
> listed in his LICENSE file are inconsistent with those declared in the
> corresponding NOTICE file, because I'm not familiar with C++, I can't
> make an accurate judgment based on the source code or binary package.
In addition, there are some things missing from the license directory.
For example,  the hadoop-aws-2.7.3 is declared in the LICENSE file,
but there is no license file attached to the license directory. For
standard AL2, we can choose not to add it, but this (hadoop-aws) is
not standard AL2.

--
Best  wishes!
CalvinKirs

Re: Re: [VOTE] Vote for releasing Apache Doris 1.0.0-incubating-rc02

Posted by Calvin Kirs <ki...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Best wishes!