Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Timo <ti...@telus.net> on 2003/12/01 09:01:35 UTC

Re: html not working

As of my knowledge, I think Tomcat uses the concept of WebContext, which
initialized during tomcat startup or through the manager commands,
i.e. http://localhost:8080/manager/list
check the documentations for manager commands on the tomcat website. where
you can start/stop/restart webcontexts.. without the need of restarting
tomcat.

I know this sounds odd, but Tomcat uses the concept of webContext to refere
to a web application.

That would be my furthest I can get..
Good luck.
Posted by Graham Reeds <gr...@omnieng.co.uk>.
> As of my knowledge, I think Tomcat uses the concept of WebContext, which
> initialized during tomcat startup or through the manager commands,
> i.e. http://localhost:8080/manager/list
> check the documentations for manager commands on the tomcat website. where
> you can start/stop/restart webcontexts.. without the need of restarting
> tomcat.

Can that work on remote servers - ie:
http://www.mysite.com:8080/manager/list ?

I have tried repeatedly this weekend to get my web.xml to accept my new
welcome file (index.jsp) but it would not accept the changes.  I fired off
an email to my webhost, but I don't expect an email until I get home
tonight.

--

Graham Reeds,
grahamr@omnieng.co.uk | http://omnieng.co.uk