Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@huawei.com> on 2014/11/13 13:00:49 UTC

How to configure HTTPS for HBase servers web browser?

Hi

    I am setting up Hadoop + HBase cluster in https mode for web access. For Hadoop cluster , I am able to set up.

But for HBase , I could not find document or configurations to setting up HBase cluster in HTTPS mode.  I read some document for setting up HBase REST API with SSL and WebHBase with SSL.

Does HBase support  configuring HTTPS for accessing HMaster and RegionServer web UI?

Thanks & Regards
Rohith Sharma K S

This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!

RE: How to configure HTTPS for HBase servers web browser?

Posted by "Kiran Kumar.M.R" <Ki...@huawei.com>.
Hi Rohith,

1. To enable https mode for web UI, you need to configure "hadoop.ssl.enabled"  in 0.98.x  "hbase.ssl.enabled" in trunk version.
2.  webUI ports configured in "hbase.regionserver.info.port" will now work over https. Ensure that you are given https:// in URL
     If you give http:// it will not redirect
3. Steps for installing SSL certificate and keystore needed for HTTPS can be referred from Hadoop HTTPS setup guide.

Regards,
Kiran