Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2007/08/19 20:46:58 UTC

Renaming binding-ajax to binding-dwr?

I'd like to rename binding-ajax to binding-dwr, as Ajax is a really
generic term, and it will make clear that this binding is actually using
the DWR (Direct Web Remoting) protocol.

Thoughts?

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: Renaming binding-ajax to binding-dwr?

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@hursley.ibm.com>.
OK, it was just a thought.  It isn't an exact equivalent.  I was
thinking that the ws part is a generic technology and axis2 is a
particular implementation of the generic technology.  Similarly ajax
is generic and dwr is specific.

   Simon

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@hursley.ibm.com>.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
ant elder wrote:
> How about the binding.resource and implementation.resource? Should they be
> renamed to binding.http and implementation.file? :)
>
>    ...ant

Actually, yes for binding.resource, good point! :)

I'll push it out of the implementation-resource module, into a
binding-http module (since having it in implementation-resource is also
creating an inconsistency with the package names, which I noticed
yesterday as I was reviewing packages and starting to look into this
kind of naming issues).

With respect to the implementation extension type, I'd like to stick to
implementation.resource for now, as this implementation covers files,
folders, and I think could cover more "resource" types (as the Tomcat
default resource servlet can also cover "virtual" resource directories
mapped to JNDI namespaces for example).

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On 8/19/07, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> wrote:

> I'd like to rename binding-ajax to binding-dwr, as Ajax is a really
> generic term, and it will make clear that this binding is actually using
> the DWR (Direct Web Remoting) protocol.
>
> Thoughts?

Right now that it uses DWR is an implementation detail thats not exposed
anywhere, just as Axis2 is not exposed anywhere in our binding.ws, so really
we can call it whatever we like. To web clients binding.jsonrpc used to work