Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Massimo Manghi <mx...@apache.org> on 2017/01/05 12:07:28 UTC

Makefile.am,parser changes, packages distribution

As part of the transition to the mod_rivet_ng core I added a
preprocessor condition in src/parser/rivetParser.c that builds an
alternate form of Rivet_Parser, dropping the support of the 'toplevel'
flag that composed and evaluated a parsed template within a the
::request name space. There is more do to in mod_rivet_ng in order to
have a tidy code: the ::rivet namespace is created twice now and there
is code disabled by commenting it that probably can go away now. The
test suite should take mod_rivet_ng as reference and therefore
tests/broken.test should compare the expected output with the current
error handler output.

The Makefile.am stuff has changed quite a bit in order to support the
'dist' target of automake. This enables us to create a tar ball by
simply running 'make dist'. Unfortunately 'make distcheck' fails because
somewhere in the build process a _config.sed file is created and is
supposed to be removed, but I failed to find out in what stage and
section is created. I haven't spent much efforts on this since it's
really a small speck in the whole building process.

Stuff in rivet/packages now go into the distribution tar ball only if
explicitly copied in the Makefile.am install-packages target. It's a
nuisance at first but enables us to have a finer control on a release

I currently removed from the rivet 3.0 release the following
unmaintained (and perhaps unused) packages

  - simpledb
  - commserver
  - dtcl
  - rivet_ncgi

I know there quite a lot of stuff David worked on it, so I ask him if he
wants to have some of these packages back into the distribution

  happy new year (once again)

  -- Massimo