Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Thusitha Thilina Dayaratne <th...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/11 19:59:08 UTC

cdi alternative NPE issue

I'm having following CDI-Alternative implementation in a simple app.

@WebServlet(name = "HelloServlet", urlPatterns = "/")
public class HelloServlet extends javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet {

    @Inject
    private Greeter greeter;

    @EJB
    private Greeter namedGreeter;

    protected void doGet(javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest request,
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse response) throws
javax.servlet.ServletException, IOException {
        PrintWriter writer = response.getWriter();
        writer.println(greeter.greet());
        writer.println(namedGreeter.greet()); // this throws NPE since EJB
is null
        writer.close();
    }
}

When I'm running this on my TomEE integrated tomcat server, im getting an
NPE. But when I run the same app in TomEE plus it doesn't throw the NPE. I
debug the app code inside the tomEE. It is null there too. but NPE is not
get thrown.
what is the reason here?

Thanks
/Thusitha