Posted to dev@iceberg.apache.org by OpenInx <op...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/17 07:03:36 UTC

What's the time to expose iceberg format v2 to end users ?

Hi

I wrote this email to align with the community about the time to expose
format v2 to end users.

In iceberg format v2,  we've accomplished the row-level delete.  It's
designed for two user cases:

1.  Execute a single query to update or delete lots of rows.  It's a
typical batch update/delete job,  which is suitable for GDPR  or the case
that we want to correct the wrong data.
2.  Write the real-time CDC/UPSERT stream to the iceberg table, so that the
upper layer  compute engines could  analyze the change log in minutes.
It's almost ready in the current master branch for flink integration.

I'm not quite sure what's the blocker about the iceberg format v2 now.  I'd
love to resolve those blockers if there're some.

Thanks.

Re: What's the time to expose iceberg format v2 to end users ?

Posted by "Jun H." <ju...@gmail.com>.
I updated the doc with few changes related to partition evolution.

Thanks.

Jun

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.
Thanks, Yan!

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Re: What's the time to expose iceberg format v2 to end users ?

Posted by OpenInx <op...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yan Yan <yy...@gmail.com>.
Hi OpenInx,

github milestone <https://github.com/apache/iceberg/milestone/7> plus some