Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "jeff.sadowski@gmail.com" <je...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/20 17:48:49 UTC

Can not subscript to mailing list

I would like to be added to the mailing list so I can post some
configuration questions I have to the list that I do not see asked on the
list.

When I tried adding myself I got an email titled "confirm subscribe to
user@spark.apache.org" but after replying as it says to do I get nothing. I
tried today to remove and re-add myself and I got a reply back saying I was
not on the list when trying to unsubscribe. When I tried to add myself again
I don't get any emails from it this time. I'm getting other email from other
people and nothing is in spam. I tried with a second email account as well
and the same thing is happening on it. I got the initial "confirm subscribe
to user@spark.apache.org" email but after replying I get nothing. I can't
even get another "confirm subscribe to user@spark.apache.org" message. Both
of my emails are from google servers one is an organization email the first
is a personal google email

Posted by Richard Hillegas <rh...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi Jeff,

Hard to say what's going on. I have had problems subscribing to the Apache
lists in the past. My problems, which may be different than yours, were
caused by replying to the confirmation request from a different email
account than the account I was trying to subscribe from. It was easy for me
to get confused because I was using a single mail tool to manage multiple
email accounts (a personal account, a yahoo account, and a gmail account).
Check your confirmation response to see which email account responded to
the confirmation request.

Hope this helps,
Rick

"jeff.sadowski@gmail.com" <je...@gmail.com> wrote on 10/20/2015
08:48:49 AM:

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Jeff,

Then you will receive a confirmation e-mail, you just have to reply
(nothing special to put in the subject, the important thing is the
reply-to unique address).

Regards
JB

On 10/20/2015 05:48 PM, jeff.sadowski@gmail.com wrote:

> I would like to be added to the mailing list so I can post some
> configuration questions I have to the list that I do not see asked on the
> list.
>
> When I tried adding myself I got an email titled "confirm subscribe to
> user@spark.apache.org" but after replying as it says to do I get nothing. I
> tried today to remove and re-add myself and I got a reply back saying I was
> not on the list when trying to unsubscribe. When I tried to add myself again
> I don't get any emails from it this time. I'm getting other email from other
> people and nothing is in spam. I tried with a second email account as well
> and the same thing is happening on it. I got the initial "confirm subscribe
> to user@spark.apache.org" email but after replying I get nothing. I can't
> even get another "confirm subscribe to user@spark.apache.org" message. Both
> of my emails are from google servers one is an organization email the first
> is a personal google email

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net