Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by sol myr <so...@yahoo.com> on 2011/10/11 12:57:14 UTC

Using BlockJoinQuery?

Hi,

I noticed that the new Lucene 3.4 supports "BlockJoinQuery" (allowing for 'join' or 'relation' between documents).
I understand the documented limitations on the feature (nowhere near the power of SQL join), but it's still very useful for me :)

My question: does anyone please have a code example, on how to use this query?
Not just the javadoc, but a concrete working example?

Thanks very much.

Re: Using BlockJoinQuery?

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Maybe try looking at the unit test?  It has a simplistic example of a
Resume which contains one or more "jobs".

If you can share any details about how you're using it / how it works
out / etc., that'd be great :)  It's a very new feature so we need
feedback...

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com