Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Rush Manbert <ru...@manbert.com> on 2009/04/10 19:14:01 UTC

CPP lib concurrency test fails on OSX

I'm using a checkout from yesterday morning. After making the library
I tried running the concurrency_test program that is in lib/cpp.

Everything goes well until this happens:

ThreadManager tests...
		ThreadManager load test: worker count: 100 task count: 100000 delay:
10
			first start: 1239383068129ms Last end: 1239383080288ms min: 10ms
max: 17ms average: 12.1505ms
			Failure! expected time: 10000ms elapsed time: 12159ms error%: 21.59
Assertion failed: (threadManagerTests.loadTest(taskCount, delay,
workerCount)), function main, file src/concurrency/test/Tests.cpp,
line 120.

I can obviously change the timeout value that Tests.cpp passes in, but
I was wondering if this happens on other platforms, which would mean
that something is running much more slowly on OSX than on other
platforms.

Can anyone comment?

Thanks,
Rush