Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "@lbutlr" <kr...@kreme.com> on 2018/10/01 19:18:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Updating to php 7.0 and having apache still work?

On 30 Sep 2018, at 12:11, Jonathon Koyle <li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Simply to avoid assumptions, did you update php-fpm to 7 as well?

php-fpm is built as part of the core php, it is not a separate package.

# pkg info php56
php56-5.6.38
Name           : php56
Version        : 5.6.38
Installed on   : Fri Sep 28 09:33:08 2018 MDT
Origin         : lang/php56
Architecture   : FreeBSD:11:i386
Prefix         : /usr/local
Categories     : devel lang www
Licenses       : PHP301
Maintainer     : ale@FreeBSD.org
WWW            : http://www.php.net/
Comment        : PHP Scripting Language
Options        :
        CGI            : on
        CLI            : on
        DEBUG          : off
        DTRACE         : off
        EMBED          : on
        FPM            : on
        IPV6           : on
        LINKTHR        : on
        MAILHEAD       : on
        PHPDBG         : off
        ZTS            : off

--
The new Death raised his cowl. There was no face there. There was not
even a skull. Smoke curled formlessly between the robe and a golden

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Updating to php 7.0 and having apache still work?

Posted by Filipe Cifali <ci...@gmail.com>.
Then you ARE using the current mod_proxy_fcgi and not the old one, it's
important to not confuse each when using / consulting docs, I suggest you
reading this:

https://wiki.apache.org/httpd/PHP-FPM

If you are truly using mod_proxy_fcgi then it's only PHP-FPM fault, not
httpd, you should not even touch httpd config for this change depending on
how your socked/daemon is configured. I recommend you to double check what
php-fpm is creating on start (what socket names / paths / ports) and double
check / compare running 5.6 and 7.0.

In fact, you can run both versions at the same time using different sockets
/ ports.

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 5:07 PM @lbutlr <kr...@kreme.com> wrote:

> On 01 Oct 2018, at 13:49, Filipe Cifali <ci...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > This seems to be a problem inside mod_fcgi and not httpd, proxies in
> general don't care about what's the language behind it, as long as the
> protocol is being respected.
>
> Yes, that was my understanding as well, but even when I recompiled
> apache24 (which includes PROXY_FCGI) it still failed.
>
> > Are you sure you are not getting into trouble just because you are not
> using mod_proxy_fcgi instead?
>
> I am using
>
> LoadModule proxy_fcgi_module libexec/apache24/mod_proxy_fcgi.so
>
> > Anyway, I would recommend you to check what you are installing, maybe
> the binaries changed names or they are being installed with a suffix like
> php7-fpm, php7-bin, etc and the httpd config needs to be changed to reflect
> that accordingly.
>
> Php-fpm doesn’t have any version identification in the file name, unlike
> many php modules.
>
> --
> The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere,
> someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over
> there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

[ ]'s

Filipe Cifali Stangler

[users@httpd] Re: Updating to php 7.0 and having apache still work?

Posted by "@lbutlr" <kr...@kreme.com>.

Posted by Filipe Cifali <ci...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lewis,

This seems to be a problem inside mod_fcgi and not httpd, proxies in
general don't care about what's the language behind it, as long as the
protocol is being respected. Are you sure you are not getting into trouble
just because you are not using mod_proxy_fcgi instead?

Apache 2.4 docs on mod_fcgi point to www.fastcgi.com, which seems to be
offline ( http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/fastcgi.com.html ) and if I
recall properly, is a old module from php5.3?