Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Beagan, Patrick" <pb...@atg.com> on 2007/01/18 23:58:41 UTC

how do I copy a dependency to a local directory

I'm have a project that has a few dependencies.  This works great for
the compile phase but for my packaging phase, I've created

an ant task that packages up all my files locally in a zip to be
distributed.    I need to copy my dependencies (jars) from the remote
repository to a local directory so I can include them in my zip.    How
do I do this?  Thanks.

Re: how do I copy a dependency to a local directory

Posted by Mel Riffe <sh...@gmail.com>.
<j:forEach var="lib" items="${pom.artifacts}">
  <j:set var="dep" value="${lib.dependency}"/>
  <ant:copy todir="${basedir}/tmp" file="${lib.path}"/>
</j:forEach>

Can you use that?

--Mel

Posted by "dawn.angelito" <da...@simulalabs.com>.
To do this, you may use the maven-dependency-plugin.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/usage.html

Hope this helps.

Dawn