Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Mark Shuttleworth <ma...@thawte.com> on 1996/09/07 12:21:10 UTC

Directory Sections and VirtualHosts

Hi all

I'd appreciate some clarification on the relationship between directory
sections and virtual hosts.  Specifically, in the following situation:

<Directory /tmp>
XXX
</Directory>

<VirtualHost foo>
<Directory /tmp>
YYY
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

My tests seem to indicate that XXX will *always* apply to requests for
documents in the /tmp directory,  irrespective of the host through which
the requst comes.  Is this guaranteed,  or might some directives be
sensitive to this sort of thing?  I have gone through the source,  but
can't pin it down...

Thanks very much,
Mark

--