Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2001/07/13 19:23:00 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp Makedefs.in Makefile.in configure.in

on 7/12/01 7:06 PM, "pier@apache.org" <pi...@apache.org> wrote:

> pier        01/07/12 19:06:33
>
> Modified:    webapp   Makedefs.in Makefile.in configure.in
> Log:
> Modified build procedure (now building also Java files).

Pier,

You should have the Makefile just call Ant in order to build the Java code.
Much less messy over the long term.

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp Makedefs.in Makefile.in configure.in

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Jon Stevens at jon@latchkey.com wrote:

> on 7/12/01 7:06 PM, "pier@apache.org" <pi...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> pier        01/07/12 19:06:33
>>
>> Modified:    webapp   Makedefs.in Makefile.in configure.in
>> Log:
>> Modified build procedure (now building also Java files).
>>

> Pier,
>
> You should have the Makefile just call Ant in order to build the Java code.
> Much less messy over the long term.

The java code in the Jakarta-Tomcat-Connectors CVS is considered to be a
"work in progress". Once a release is made, and the code is considered
stable, it'll be moved over to the "jakarta-tomcat-4.0" repository, where
ANT already builds it... I want to keep jtc as a development CVS tree, and
jt4 as a stable tree (more or less how they do it in freebsd)

    Pier