Posted to api@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/14 19:32:36 UTC

Updated wiki page for Entry

Here is a new page added for the entry API :

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRAPI/Entry+API

It's not completely finished.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.nextury.com

Re: Updated wiki page for Entry

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@apache.org>.
On 3/14/10 8:20 PM, Ersin Er wrote:
> The question is whether the Entry interface will have setters or not. If it
> will have setters and if MutableEntry will implement that interface, the
> resultant API would not be tasteful to use :-) That's of course just IMHO.

It's complicated. On one hand, we would like to protect the Entry by not
exposing setters, on the other hand normal users (ie, those who are not
implementing a server), won't be necessarily happy not to have setters
(or add() methods).

Anyway, this is just a preliminary discussion, let's try to have
something that converge, and at some point, if we need a vote, we can vote.

Posted by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com>.

--
Ersin ER
http://www.ersiner.net