Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2006/07/18 11:43:16 UTC

Re: Resource Type / Document expires [was: svn commit: r422950 - in /lenya/trunk/src: ]

Andreas Hartmann wrote:

[...]

> Shouldn't we move this functionality to the Document interface?
>
>   Document.expires()

I just noticed that this should rather read

   getExpires()

> The code below would be moved to the DocumentImpl class.
> IMO the approach below is that it is not really object oriented:
> The document and resource type objects serve only as "data providers",
> but the logic is executed by the input module. I'd prefer to
> encapsulate the logic and the data in the Document object.

Another note on this issue: I see the DocumentInfoModule rather
as a facade to the Document object, not as a service which
contains specific knowledge. Otherwise, we'll always have to
use the DocumentInfoModule to get particular information about
the document. IMO input modules are just adapters to make
information available to Cocoon pipelines in a convenient way.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann
andreas.hartmann@wyona.com                     andreas@apache.org