Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Quanlong Huang <hu...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/27 06:57:36 UTC

Remove write support for unsupported formats in 2.x?

Hi all,

Branch 2.x is moving forward and now the next patch to pick is
30e82c63ecdd56ded10fed931d95ab6d994b9244 (
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/10823)
It's about removing the query option ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_FORMATS and some
relative codes that were not well tested.

We had a consensus to remove it in Impala-3.1 per the discussion:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/749bef4914350ae0756bc88961db2dd39901a649a9cef6949eda5870@%3Cdev.impala.apache.org%3E

However, since we haven't removed any query options in 2.x yet, should we
consider keeping it for compatibility? Please share your thoughts.

Thanks,
Quanlong

Re: Remove write support for unsupported formats in 2.x?

Posted by Quanlong Huang <hu...@gmail.com>.
Sure. Since no one has objections, I uploaded the patch to continue the
work: https://gerrit.cloudera.org/c/12642/

Thanks,
Quanlong

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.