Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Charles N. Harvey III" <ch...@alloy.com> on 2003/12/23 17:18:12 UTC

multiproject super-jar question

Hello.
I started messing about with multiproject yesterday and so far it works
great.  I have my "company-commons" project and then underneath it I
have "utils", "strings", "validation".  And when I run multiproject:install
it builds all my jars - even with some of the sources being dependent
on other subprojects.  Amazing stuff, congrats to those who contributed!

Now for my question...  Has anyone created a goal for combining all the
subproject jar files into one larger jar?  I want to create
"company-commons.jar" and in include all the subproject class files.

I am thinking that I could create a goal in my maven.xml that looks into
each subprojects target folder and grabs all the classes, but I thought
I'd ask to see if anyone else has done something similar.

Thanks for the help.

Charlie