Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Steen Manniche <bo...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/01 13:45:55 UTC

HBase server aborts on coprocessor exceptions even though hbase.coprocessor.abortonerror is set to false

I'm trying to specify some sanity checks in my coprocessor's start()
method, throwing exceptions if the checks fail. I have tried throwing
IllegalArgumentException and CoprocessorException from the start
method, but on the client side (a junit test), all I get is a
RuntimeException with no traces of the original exception.

On top of this, the regionserver aborts even though I have set the
property hbase.coprocessor.abortonerror to false in hbase-site.xml

I have experimented with this setting in our docker setup as well, and
here the RegionServer aborts as well.

Any thoughts on this?

Best regards,
Steen

Re: HBase server aborts on coprocessor exceptions even though hbase.coprocessor.abortonerror is set to false

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Can you take a look at TestMasterCoprocessorExceptionWithRemove to see if
it covers your case ?

If not, can it be modified to exhibit the behavior you described ?

Cheers