Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu> on 2003/04/03 21:46:18 UTC

reactor templates and project ordering

I'm slightly stumped with the reactor and project ordering. I'd really
like it to iterate over my list of projects in a very specific order,
but it seems to not enforce any sort of ordering.

Is there any way I can enforce an ordering?

for example

    <maven:reactor
      basedir="${basedir}"

includes="taglibraries/repast/project.xml,taglibraries/random/project.xml,taglibraries/io/project.xml,taglibraries/bcel/project.xml"
      postProcessing="true"
      ignoreFailures="true"
    />

    <fileScanner var="templates">
      <fileset dir="${basedir}/templates">
        <include name="*.xml"/>
      </fileset>
    </fileScanner>

    <j:forEach var="template" items="${templates.iterator()}">

      <j:set var="templateName" value="${template.name}"/>
      <echo>Processing ${templateName} template ...</echo>

      <velocity:merge
        name="${basedir}/xdocs/${templateName}"
        basedir="${basedir}/templates"
        template="${templateName}"/>

    </j:forEach>
  </goal>

I'm hoping that I can at least get the "templates" to spit out the list
of projects in the same everytime, but each time I run this the ordering
seems to change.

-thanks,
Mark Diggory

Re: reactor templates and project ordering

Posted by "Mark H. Wilkinson" <mh...@kremvax.net>.
On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 21:37, Mark R. Diggory wrote:
> I'm trying to enforce an ordering on the POM's used in "templating" of
> the navigation bar. This specific approach is built upon the db-site
> demo at apache
>
> http://db.apache.org/

I was trying to do exactly the same thing yesterday, but haven't made
much progress. It should be sufficient to sort $reactorProjects,
ordering by each projects name property, or by some other property
applied to each project, but I haven't worked out how to do that in
either jelly or velocity...

-Mark.

Re: reactor templates and project ordering

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.

You can see it easily at my site. http://repast-jellytag.sourceforge.net

I'm trying to enforce an ordering on the POM's used in "templating" of
the navigation bar. This specific approach is built upon the db-site
demo at apache

http://db.apache.org/

I could just copy the generated navigation.xml into each of my
subprojects via a maven goal in each sub project to get at least a
consistent ordering, but I'd rather have the ordering either
consistently alpha-numeric or an order I can enforce, I'd like to keep
it simple, I'm not quite ready to delve into creating my own plug-in or
anything like that. I was just hoping for an attribute or something I
could use to order the POM's used in building my navigation bars.

-Mark

Re: reactor templates and project ordering

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 14:46, Mark R. Diggory wrote:
> I'm slightly stumped with the reactor and project ordering. I'd really
> like it to iterate over my list of projects in a very specific order,
> but it seems to not enforce any sort of ordering.

The only order that is necessary is one that satisfies the dependency
chain. It's a simple digraph which will often come out in a different
sequence, the only requirement that needs to be satisfied is the
dependency ordering not the overall order.