Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Marko Asplund <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/09 16:33:15 UTC

AMQP authentication trouble

Hi,

I'm trying to get my AMQP client (Qpid Messenger 0.5 based) to authenticate
to an ActiveMQ 5.8.0 server, but for some reason the server fails to get
the authentication info.
Authentication credentials are passed in the address string like this:

amqp://admin:password@127.0.0.1:5672/topic://test.foo

I've configured simpleAuthenticationPlugin & authorizationPlugin in
ActiveMQ config file based on  http://activemq.apache.org/security.html and
activemq-security.xml sample config.
Is there something else I need to configure on ActiveMQ end to get
authentication and authorization to work with AMQP?
Which authentication mechanisms does ActiveMQ support for AMQP? How do I
configure those?

ActiveMQ logs these messages for the connection attempt:

2013-10-09 16:30:55,990 | WARN  | Failed to add Connection
ID:vm-11457ca.ec.dmz-40346-1381325434360-2:1, reason:
java.lang.SecurityException: User name [null] or password is invalid. |
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection | ActiveMQ Transport:
tcp:///127.0.0.1:57091@5672
2013-10-09 16:30:55,995 | WARN  | Transport Connection to: tcp://
127.0.0.1:57091 failed: java.io.IOException: User name [null] or password
is invalid. | org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.Transport |
ActiveMQ Transport: tcp:///127.0.0.1:57091@5672
2013-10-09 16:30:57,992 | INFO  | Stopping tcp://127.0.0.1:57091 because
Failed with SecurityException: User name [null] or password is invalid. |
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection | ActiveMQ
BrokerService[localhost] Task-2

Any ideas on what's going wrong or how to troubleshoot this?

What's the recommended Java AMQP client to use with ActiveMQ?

marko

Re: AMQP authentication trouble

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
meant to say and *I* will dig in to see why it's not working :)

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.