Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Charith Wickramarachchi <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/27 12:45:17 UTC

Configuring user names and passwords in Synpase

Hi,

While implementing the JMS based Message store i got a requirement to give
some parameters to the Message store for the authentication.
But if i use the Message store configuration element and make user enable to
put usernames and passwords there those values will be visible
in the configuration.

Is there a more convenient  way in synapse to keep the secret values ? It
will be great to have some pointers where it has been used.

thanks,
Charith.

--
Charith Dhanushka Wickramarachchi
http://charithwiki.blogspot.com/

Re: Configuring user names and passwords in Synpase

Posted by Rajika Kumarasiri <ra...@wso2.com>.
You can take a look at the secure vault to see how you can secure your
credentials.

Rajika

Posted by Heshan Suriyaarachchi <he...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>wrote:

> +1
>
> Ruwan
>

> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Charith Wickramarachchi <
> charith.dhanushka@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the feed back. then i'll go with the approach were  user name ,
>> password parameters are visible
>> and later if a requirement comes i'll change it to use the secure vault
>> feature.
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 9:15 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <
>> hiranya911@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Charith,

>>> This is not something new. Some of the existing mediators also suffer
>>> from the same limitation. For an example take a look at dblookup [1] and
>>> dbreport [2] mediators. They require the user to put database credentials in
>>> the synapse.xml. However, in a typical production deployment, only system
>>> admins will have access to the synapse.xml. Hence it can be considered ok
>>> most of the time.

>>> The new secure vault feature, implemented by Indika, enables the user to
>>> keep the authentication details completely hidden. This feature is now
>>> available in the trunk. Indika should be able to shed some light on the
>>> subject.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Hiranya
>>>
>>> [1] - http://synapse.apache.org/Synapse_Samples.html#Sample360
>>> [2] - http://synapse.apache.org/Synapse_Samples.html#Sample361

>>> --
>>> Hiranya Jayathilaka
>>> Senior Software Engineer;
>>>
>>> WSO2 Inc.;  http://wso2.org
>>> E-mail: hiranya@wso2.com;  Mobile: +94 77 633 3491
>>> Blog: http://techfeast-hiranya.blogspot.com
>>>

>> --
>> Charith Dhanushka Wickramarachchi
>> http://charithwiki.blogspot.com/
>>

> --
> Ruwan Linton
> Software Architect & Product Manager, WSO2 ESB; http://wso2.org/esb
> WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.org
>
> Lean . Enterprise . Middleware
>
> phone: +1 408 754 7388 ext 51789
> email: ruwan@wso2.com; cell: +94 77 341 3097
> blog: http://blog.ruwan.org
> linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ruwanlinton
> google: http://www.google.com/profiles/ruwan.linton
> tweet: http://twitter.com/ruwanlinton

Heshan Suriyaarachchi

http://heshans.blogspot.com/

Re: Configuring user names and passwords in Synpase

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Charith Wickramarachchi <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by indika kumara <in...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Sorry for late reply .... I just saw this... It is in
"Synapse_Samples_Setup".

Thanks

Indika

Posted by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>.