Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/23 12:33:45 UTC

[text] Preparing for the 1.0 release.

All,

I plan on attempting a go at the 1.0 release for [text] over the next few days. If there are any concerns or thoughts please let me know.

Cheers,
-Rob

Re: [text] Preparing for the 1.0 release.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
I'd think updating Jacoco should be done eventually, so might as well do it
now.

Gary

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 5:30 AM, Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Jan 23, 2017, at 8:04 AM, Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> few days. If there are any concerns or thoughts please let me know.
> >>
> >> Nice, I'd just suggest releasing a beta version of the component first
> >> to get more user feedback before the final 1.0 release and the API
> freeze.
> >
> > All,
> >
> > In verifying Java 9 compatibility, I’ve come across some unit test
> failures. My plan is to remediate those and then move forward with the
> release.
>
> Running "mvn -Djacoco.skip clean test” or upgrading to jacoco 0.7.8 seem
> to resolve the issue. What are folks thoughts on doing either of those?
>
> -Rob
>

> > Further, it seems that these failures differ in nature from those that
> we saw back in September when preparing for the release of [lang, 3.5].
> >
> > Cheers,
> > -Rob
> >

> >> Emmanuel Bourg

JUnit in Action, Second Edition

Spring Batch in Action
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [text] Preparing for the 1.0 release.

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.

> On Jan 23, 2017, at 1:22 PM, Pascal Schumacher <pa...@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> +1 to upgrading jacoco

Sounds good. I'll do that and set the packages up as beta. Should I simply version the artifact version as 1.0-beta-1?

-Rob

Posted by Pascal Schumacher <pa...@gmx.net>.
+1 to upgrading jacoco

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
Le 23/01/2017 � 13:57, Rob Tompkins a �crit :

> Sounds reasonable. Would you then make the package names something like \u201corg.apache.commons.textbeta.*\u201d or \u201cor.apache.commons.text0\u201d?

org.apache.commons.text.beta would be good, potentially later followed
by o.a.c.t.beta2 if releasing another beta is necessary.

Emmanuel Bourg

Re: [text] Preparing for the 1.0 release.

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.
> On Jan 23, 2017, at 7:37 AM, Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Le 23/01/2017 à 13:33, Rob Tompkins a écrit :
>
>> I plan on attempting a go at the 1.0 release for [text] over the next few days. If there are any concerns or thoughts please let me know.
>
> Nice, I'd just suggest releasing a beta version of the component first
> to get more user feedback before the final 1.0 release and the API freeze.

Sounds reasonable. Would you then make the package names something like “org.apache.commons.textbeta.*” or “or.apache.commons.text0”?

-Rob

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
Le 23/01/2017  13:33, Rob Tompkins a crit :