Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lizard Lizard <mr...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/17 21:41:46 UTC

Fixed! Re: Unable to get a basic install working

I found the problem. Something else was listening on port 8005. I
changed it to 8006 in the XML config file and all worked smoothly from
then on. Thank you for your help; without netstat, I'd never have
managed to puzzle this out.

Re: Fixed! Re: Unable to get a basic install working

Posted by Brian Munroe <br...@gmail.com>.
On 8/17/07, Lizard Lizard <mr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I found the problem. Something else was listening on port 8005. I
> changed it to 8006 in the XML config file and all worked smoothly from
> then on. Thank you for your help; without netstat, I'd never have
> managed to puzzle this out.

Ok, great to hear!  Good troubleshooting.

BTW, On Windows, it is a snap to integrate Apache [1] and Tomcat
together.  In your httpd.conf file, uncomment the

    LoadModule proxy_ajp_module modules/mod_proxy_ajp.so

directive and add something similar to the bottom of httpd.conf

(change the foxmarks to your webapp name):

ProxyRequests Off

<Location /foxmarks/>
    ProxyPass ajp://localhost:8009/foxmarks/
    ProxyPassReverse ajp://localhost:8009/foxmarks/
</Location>

-- brian

[1] - Assuming you are using a binary release of Apache 2.2.4