Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Abhijit Pawar <ab...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/22 20:55:07 UTC

Write.lock issue in apache SOLR using AnalyzingInfixLookupFactory

Hello,

I am developer working on apache SOLR implementation here developing an
application where I am using auto-suggest feature.After few search requests
in the textbox it starts throwing the write.lock error.

I am using AnalyzingInfixLookupFactory for my Search Suggest Component as
shown below :

<!-- Search Suggest Component  -->
<searchComponent name="suggest" class="solr.SuggestComponent">
 <lst name="suggester">
<str name="name">mySuggester</str>
<str name="lookupImpl">AnalyzingInfixLookupFactory</str>
<str name="dictionaryImpl">DocumentDictionaryFactory</str>
<str name="field">text</str>
<str name="weightField">price</str>
<str name="payloadField">prod_id</str>
<str name="contextField">ancestors</str>
<str name="suggestAnalyzerFieldType">text_general</str>
<str name="buildOnStartup">false</str>
 </lst>
</searchComponent>

<!-- Suggest Request Handler -->
<requestHandler name="/suggest" class="solr.SearchHandler" startup="lazy">
 <lst name="defaults">
<str name="suggest">true</str>
<str name="suggest.count">10</str>
 </lst>
 <arr name="components">
<str>suggest</str>
 </arr>
</requestHandler>

Also in indexConfig component I have configured as below :

 <indexConfig>

    <lockType>${solr.lock.type:native}</lockType>

     <infoStream>true</infoStream>
<writeLockTimeout>10000</writeLockTimeout>
<commitLockTimeout>15000</commitLockTimeout>
<!-- <unlockOnStartup>true</unlockOnStartup>  -->

  </indexConfig>

I even tried to increase the writelockTimeout to 20000 milisec.Still the
issue persists.

Any idea or solution that anyone can recommend to circumvent this
issue/problem ?
Thanks!

Best Regards,
<http://www.ibizsoftinc.com/>
<http://www.ibizsoftinc.com/>
Abhijit Pawar | Sr. Oracle Commerce Analyst
Mob: +1 (281)-787-1752
Office : +1 (469) 287 2005 x 110
9300 Wade Blvd, Suite 301, Frisco, TX 75035, USA
<http://www.oracle.com/>

Follow us on:

Re: Write.lock issue in apache SOLR using AnalyzingInfixLookupFactory

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
What is the exact error message you receive? What is the query you send?
And what version of Solr are you using?

Best,
Erick