Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> on 2007/06/01 02:39:48 UTC

[Review] Outline for Covalent Webinar Next Week

Good evening gents,

As you may already know, I'm doing a webinar on Roller for Covalent
next week. The webinar is titled "Introduction to Apache Roller" and
is pretty much designed to match the title. You can read more about it
(and register!) at: http://tinyurl.com/24eguw.

I hope to blog about this to the community, but as part of doing it,
I'd like to post an outline. However, before I do that, I'd like to
get your feedback on the following outline:

11:00: Introductions
11:05: What is Apache Roller (includes introduction to blogs and feeds)
11:20: Installing Roller
11:15: Roller Architecture
    - 11:20: Blog Customization
    - 11:30: Server Customization
11:40: Other Features: Using Weblog Clients and Planet
11:50: Q & A

Thoughts?

I also hope to write an open letter to JRoller in the near future to
see what we can do about improving that service. Anyone at Sun or IBM
willing to donate hardware/hosting to get it off their servers (if
they're not interested in hosting it anymore)? I think JRoller is
making Roller look bad and I'd like to do something about it.

Thanks,

Matt

--
http://raibledesigns.com

Re: [Review] Outline for Covalent Webinar Next Week

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 5/31/07, Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> wrote:
> As you may already know, I'm doing a webinar on Roller for Covalent
> next week. The webinar is titled "Introduction to Apache Roller" and
> is pretty much designed to match the title. You can read more about it
> (and register!) at: http://tinyurl.com/24eguw.
>
> I hope to blog about this to the community, but as part of doing it,
> I'd like to post an outline. However, before I do that, I'd like to
> get your feedback on the following outline:
>
> 11:00: Introductions
> 11:05: What is Apache Roller (includes introduction to blogs and feeds)
> 11:20: Installing Roller
> 11:15: Roller Architecture
>     - 11:20: Blog Customization
>     - 11:30: Server Customization
> 11:40: Other Features: Using Weblog Clients and Planet
> 11:50: Q & A
>
> Thoughts?

Looks like a good outline. I don't have any comment, except that I
hope to be listening in.

> I also hope to write an open letter to JRoller in the near future to
> see what we can do about improving that service. Anyone at Sun or IBM
> willing to donate hardware/hosting to get it off their servers (if
> they're not interested in hosting it anymore)? I think JRoller is
> making Roller look bad and I'd like to do something about it.

Do a private letter first, if you have not already done so. Just a
couple weeks ago I told Matt S. that the query and caching
improvements from 2.1 to 3.1 should help JRoller.com performance/load
and he's willing to move from Resin to Tomcat to make things easier.
But, he's swamped with all those *Zone sites and doesn't have the
time. It's possible that a little volunteer would could set them
straight.

- Dave