Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Günter Knauf <ef...@gmx.net> on 2003/02/26 23:06:31 UTC

ap_start_restart() isnt exported any more?

Hi,
found ap_start_restart() in the in Apache 1.3 headers, so I had the idea to make a small module for doing a restart from a webpage. I know I know, 1001 other possible ways to do that, first of all with a cgi script; but these are all platform-dependant...
so I deleted a module from mod_example together, tested it on Win32 and works fine so far...
compiled NetWare and Linux, and surprise: there happens nothing! Brad then told me that ap_start_restart() was never implemented on other platforms than Win32...
So looking forward I just tried to do it with 2.1-dev now, but next suprise: ap_start_restart() dispeared completely from the headers. Found that it's still in worker.c, so my question:
isnt it possible that ap_start_restart() is exported again, and - if not supported by the platform - simply do nothing, as 1.3 did?

Guenter.