Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by somasani nikhil <so...@gmail.com> on 2023/02/17 07:00:00 UTC

TomEE 8.0.x and next plans ?

Hello Everyone,

We are currently using TomEE for our internal application with *JDK 1.8.x*,
and very recently upgraded to *TomEE plus 8.0.14.*

We generally patch our systems with the latest available software to
majorly fix the security updates and other bugs within the TomEE container.
Since there is *TomEE 9.0.0 *available now & runs only with *JDK 11 &
higher*.

We would be very much interested to know the future plans and make
decisions based on the support of TomEE 8.x series. It would be ideally
better to update to the latest versions but we have the JDK constraint at
this moment so we would like to understand the 8.x release plans going
forward so that we can take corresponding actions from our end within our
applications.

I couldn't find much information at this point of time regarding the above
in apache forums, Appreciate if anyone could share the link of the already
published content (if any).

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Nikhil Somasani