Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Frank Budinsky <fr...@ca.ibm.com> on 2012/07/17 16:53:33 UTC

SPARQL version supported by ARQ

Hi,

It seems that the latest ARQ drivers are not compatible with any W3C
Working Draft, that is, the current SPARQL 1.1 working draft is version 5
(January 2012) which is using "BINDINGS", not "VALUES", but ARQ seems to be
implementing an as-yet-unpublished editor draft 99. Does anybody know what
the target date is for having a published W3C working draft 6?

Maybe this is a dumb question, but how is an ARQ user supposed to figure
out the exact SPARQL syntax supported by a particular version of ARQ?

Thanks,
Frank.

Re: SPARQL version supported by ARQ

Posted by Paul Gearon <ge...@ieee.org>.
There's a minor change required in the grammar (currently prefixes are
allowed to contain a : character, which shouldn't be permitted), but
as soon as that is done then SPARQL 1.1 Query will be published as a
Last Call Working Draft. I expect it within a week (or so).

ARQ tends to track the latest editors' draft from the SPARQL Working
Group. It is typically one of the first systems to implement and test
changes to the proposed spec. So ARQ is going to support whatever was
the most recent editors' draft when it was released. That's hard (but
not impossible) to track for historical versions, but easy enough to
tell when a version of ARQ comes out.

With the exception of BINDINGS/VALUES there haven't been significant
changes lately, and with the Last Call coming up I don't expect that
there will be any more (it would have to be a major problem to reopen
the process at this point). So users can work with the Last Call
Working Draft with reasonable confidence that this will be the final
version. The current editors' draft is the one that will be published
(with the one issue I already mentioned).

Regards,
Paul Gearon

Posted by Frank Budinsky <fr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Thanks Andy and Paul for your replies, and great news that SPARQL 1.1 is
going to Last Call Working Draft now.

Thanks,
Frank.

Andy Seaborne <an...@gmail.com> wrote on 07/17/2012 11:18:07