Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Duo Zhang <zh...@apache.org> on 2018/01/16 10:38:11 UTC

PreCommit-Admin fails to fetch issue list from jira

Started from this build

https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-Admin/329113/

Have dug a bit, it seems that now jira does not allow our query to be run
by unauthorized user, you will get a 400 if you do not login. This is the
error page when accessing

https://issues.apache.org/jira/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-xml/12323182/SearchRequest-12323182.xml?tempMax=50
HTTP Status 400 - A value with ID '12315621' does not exist for the field
'project'.

*type* Status report

*message* *A value with ID '12315621' does not exist for the field
'project'.*

*description* *The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect.*
------------------------------
Apache Tomcat/8.5.6

The project '12315621 ' is Ranger. I do not have the permission to modify
the original filter, and do not have the permission to create a public
filter either. So for me there is no way to fix the problem.

Could the Ranger project check if you have changed some permission configs?
Or could someone who has the permission to create public filters creates a
new filter without Ranger to see if it works? There are plenty of projects
which rely on the PreCommit-Admin job.

Thanks.

Re: PreCommit-Admin fails to fetch issue list from jira

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com>.
> On Jan 16, 2018, at 1:41 PM, Vihang Karajgaonkar <vi...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> yes, thats correct. I had created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-15849 to get that fixed. But looks like based on the comment there we need to modify that job to use REST instead of SOAP?

	I think there is some confusion.  There are two parts in play.

	The SOAP API is (or was, depending upon which fork we’re talking about) used to talk to JIRA to write comments.  That’s only used by older strains of test-patch.  Some versions have replaced it with REST calls.  [For the record, Apache Yetus replaced that code with REST calls years ago in one of the first set of patches.] FWIW, it’s been documented by Atlassian that SOAP was going to go away for quite a while.

	precommit-admin uses raw HTTP calls.  The problem with it is that the URLs it is using for JIRA now require authentication.  The patch I’ve posted in YETUS-594 includes adding support to auth against those URLs.

> Do we know who owns that job?

	In the case of test-patch, again, it depends upon the strain.  Most of the heavy hitters (Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Avro, Accumulo, … lucene and solr are in progress… umm… sure I’m missing some ) have switched over to using Apache Yetus instead of keeping a local copy. This way resources can be shared and work pooled together.  It is getting updated fairly regularly.

	in the case of precommit-admin, technically it’s Hadoop.  But it is effectively no one since the branch it comes from doesn’t even exist in git. (It’s still pulled from svn) Post-YETUS-594, however, I’m planning on dropping a note to builds@ and switch precommit-admin over to come from Apache Yetus where it will actually get some attention.

Re: PreCommit-Admin fails to fetch issue list from jira

Posted by Vihang Karajgaonkar <vi...@cloudera.com>.
yes, thats correct. I had created
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-15849 to get that fixed. But
looks like based on the comment there we need to modify that job to use
REST instead of SOAP? Do we know who owns that job?

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com>.

Posted by Vihang Karajgaonkar <vi...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com>.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
I've voted a +1 on the issue. Great work.

Let's make the PreCommit-Admin work again ASAP.

Thanks.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.
FYI Duo, I believe

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.